ASSISTANT BREWING OPERATOR (RE-ADVERSTISED)
Paradise Beverages (Fiji) Limited is the leading manufacturer of alcoholic beverages in Fiji. With renowned brands such as Fiji Bitter, Fiji Gold, Joskes and Tribe RTDs, Ratu & Bati Rums and Bounty, we are committed to creating a premier place to work which attracts and retains highly skilled people. We are local at heart, with international reach. We make Fiji and Samoa’s favourite beverages a reality. Firmly invested in our local economies and the communities we love and serve; our focus is on creating portfolios defined by relevance and choice.
We are proud of our local roots and our track record of creating and realizing possibilities. Over the past six decades we have constantly evolved and adapted to changing markets, consumer tastes and technology. And, as the pace of change continues to accelerate, we see each day as another opportunity to advance the next chapter in the Paradise Beverages’ story.
We are looking for a Assisting Brewing Operator that will be reporting directly into the Supervisor Brewing and based at our Fiji Brewery, Walu Bay, Suva. The Assistant Brewing Operator will be responsible for ensuring that Beer Brewed and Filtered are within specifications and have the right first-time results. The primary goal of this role is to be responsible for all brewing practices, day to day production at the brewery, inventory management, cleaning & maintenance of the brewing facility and all associated equipment and supplies, and all record-keeping related to the foregoing. The role will be involved in many aspects of the production, packaging, and operations of the Fiji Brewery.
Key aspects of this role include;
- Ensure work carried out is OHS compliant.
- Ensure that Beer Brewed and Filtered complies with the PBL Quality Matrix.
- Assist Filter and Brew leading hand in brewhouse operations.
- Ensure correct checklists are filled and correct materials are used in process.
- Ensure the importance of (RFT) Right First Time.
- Run the filter and brew during the absence of leading hands.
- Carry out RTD mixing.
- CIP brew and process vessels and lines.
- Carry out Green beer/Fermenter operations and yeast harvest.
- Operate racking plant.
- Be safety-minded, efficient, quality-focused, creative, have a great work ethic and attendance record, a positive attitude, adaptable/flexible and dedicated to being a great team member.
Career Experience and Qualification
Ideally, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or Engineering (Certificate/Diploma/Degree)
- Experience in Manufacturing Industry/ Hygiene and GMP
- Knowledge of relevant standards and legislation
- Knowledge of brewing operations and key plant equipment
- Knowledge of plant, and process
- Ability to trouble shoot.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with team environment.
- Must demonstrate willingness to upgrade/develop skills and apply them to any task and/or area assigned to by superiors
- Always be available and attend any meeting, training & development conducted by the business as part of team cohesiveness and capacity building
- Must have the flexibility to perform any other task assigned by Superiors as and when required.
- Ability to work in all assigned areas of the brewhouse; perform relief duties when required.
- Must be able to transition to any Work Area, Shift or Department as and when required.
Remuneration package will be discussed during the interview. Applications will be treated with strict confidence and must be accompanied by a resume giving full details of qualifications and experience and should be addressed as follows:
“Assistant Brewing Operator”
GM People, Culture & Sustainability
Paradise Beverages (Fiji) Limited
P O Box 696
Email: [email protected]
Applications close on Friday, 19th August 2022
Fill out the Paradise Beverages Application Form