Coca-Cola South Pacific and Coca-Cola Europacific Partners Australia have pledged to reduce the sugar content in their non-alcoholic beverage portfolio by 25% by 2025 (vs. 2015), as part of an updated industry-wide pledge announced by the Australian Beverages Council (ABCL) today.
This is a further increase on the Sugar Reduction pledge led by the Australian Beverages Council announced in 2018 to reduce sugar by 20% by 2025 (vs. 2015).
Together with other pledge signatories, a reduction of more than 16% has been achieved since 2015, driven by reformulations, smaller pack sizes and the growing popularity of low and no sugar options.
Peter West, Vice President & General Manager, Australia, Pacific and Indonesia of Coca-Cola Europacific Partners said:
“We’re proud of the progress we’ve made to reduce sugar in our portfolio, and at the same time retain the choice we offer consumers through a range of low and no sugar options and pack sizes. Our commitment to reach a 25% sugar reduction by 2025 demonstrates our continued efforts as an industry to help Australians manage their sugar intake.”
Rob Priest, Vice President of Coca-Cola South Pacific said:
“Coca-Cola Australia continues to support Australians in making choices that are right for them and their lifestyles. Since 2015, we have reformulated 27 products and continue to grow our low and no sugar options, including Coca-Cola No Sugar.”
Coca-Cola in Australia continues to evolve its offering of low and no sugar products and is constantly innovating the products it offers. This includes;
- Offering more than 20 brands in Australia, expanding into no-added sugar dairy and juice, kombucha, still, sparkling and unsweetened flavoured water, iced-tea, and no sugar sports drinks.
- Continued investment in no sugar innovation has seen sales of no sugar cola grow at four times the rate compared to Coca-Cola Classic varieties.1 In Australia, Coca-Cola has committed 90% of its CCTM marketing spend to No Sugar drinks.
- After years of research and development, 2020 saw the Australian launch of the world first Coca-Cola No Sugar Frozen, providing a no-sugar alternative to the bestselling frozen soft drink.
- Coca-Cola Australia has voluntarily adopted front of pack Health Star Ratings across more than 80%of its portfolio, helping consumers make healthier lifestyle choices.
- ENDS -
Notes to the Editor
- Based on ex-factory sales of Coca-Cola TM, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola No Sugar, Coke Vanilla and Coca-Cola No Sugar sold 2018-2021 YTD via retail channels nationally
About Coca-Cola South Pacific
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is a total beverage company, offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries. Our portfolio in Australia includes Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola No Sugar, Fanta, Sprite, Powerade and others. We’re constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. Together with our bottling partner we have made a commitment to reduce sugar across our portfolio by 10% by 2020, as well an industry-wide pledge to reduce sugar across the industry by 25% by 2025. We’re also working to reduce our environmental impact by replenishing water and promoting recycling. With our bottling partners, The Coca-Cola Company employs more than 700,000 people, bringing economic opportunity to local communities worldwide. Coca-Cola Europacific Partners is the authorised manufacturer and distributor of The Coca-Cola Company’s beverage brands in Australia. Coca-Cola South Pacific Pty Ltd is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company and provides marketing, technical and quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in Australia.
About Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
Coca-Cola Europacific Partners is one of the leading consumer goods companies in the world. We make, move and sell some the world’s most loved brands – serving 600 million consumers and helping 1.75 million customers across 29 countries grow. We combine the strength and scale of a large, multi-national business with an expert, local knowledge of the customers we serve and communities we support. The Company is currently listed on Euronext Amsterdam, the Nasdaq, London Stock Exchange and on the Spanish Stock Exchanges, trading under the symbol CCEP. For more information about CCEP, please visit www.cocacolaep.com & follow CCEP on Twitter at @CocaColaEP.