Action against Covid-19
As a responsible employer, our commitment to employee safety and wellbeing has been at the center of everything that we have done.
Since March 2020 when the COVID crisis first impacted PNG, we have undertaken the following measures to ensure that our people and their safety have been our highest priority:
- Purchased and stockpiled significant amounts of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as disposable masks, cloth masks, hand sanitizers, temperature guns, face shields, gloves and temperate stands for our offices;
- During the hard lock down we provided lunch to staff to ensure people remained within the office location;
- We increased the number of PUDO buses to ensure social distancing;
- We undertook market runs to ensure that people could get their family food items during times that we anticipated would be reduced traffic in those markets;
- We handed out care packs of goods and drink for our people to provide to their families;
- We increased the cleaning regime of the factory, office spaces and PUDO busses and utilized hospital strength disinfectants;
- We developed world class contact tracing protocols and undertook and paid for 153 PCR COVID tests for staff;
- For staff that were stood down from a contact trace, if they were not able to work from home, the company provided additional paid leave to ensure that people didn’t need to worry about pay during that time;
- Organized and undertaken many information sessions for our people so they can make an informed decision if they want to take the vaccine or not.